Friday 6 December 2013

"So when your hope's on fire, but you know your desire..."

I'm a big Mumford and Sons fan, but unfortunately their songs aren't the most cheery. I felt that this quote fitted my predicament right now, but unfortunately I have no opportunity to be a "Hopeless Wanderer" - I don't need anyone to "hold me fast" as I've got an illness that does that anyway.

What on earth to do with my life??! I am faced with such uncertainty that I have forgotten how to plan. Events come and if I'm not up to it, they go unnoticed. As do I. And at the end of the day, what can I do with my life? All my dreams and hopes are being destroyed, and it's the little things that keep me reminded of my loss. I used to love singing. I was never that great but I loved singing at church so I could really worship God but now I sing one hymn at church and that's me exhausted. Music seems to require such stamina, and I really don't have any.

I had always thought that university and a fantastic, satisfying job were in store for me, but now I have no idea. Everything I can think of appears unattainable. And this isn't just me being unduly pessimistic - this is the reality. I want something to get me out of the bed in the morning, to make me hope for the future. So that's my desire, a bit vague I know. That used to be achieved by my degree but I'm not sure it is any more.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. My Verdict-Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life
    Check out my blog peterjwilson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete